Dovetail drawer box- 5/8" thick pre-finished birch plywood (9 ply core) with raw top edges and raw dovetailed joints (apply finish to edges on site, if desired as this is optional)
Drawer Box Only (no drawer guides)
This product is shipped UN-ASSEMBLED (5 pieces). Assembly
of this item is very easy and can be done with only a rubber mallet and
some wood glue.
- Incredibly durable 5/8" thick (9 ply) clear finished birch plywood sides (all edges are raw unfinished plywood, only the face and back of drawer sides will have a clear finish applied)
- Super strong 1/4" thick clear finished plywood bottom (grain direction may run either left to right or front to back)
- Dovetailed joint construction (dovetailed joints are raw wood, apply an optional finish of your choosing on site as needed)
- THIS PRODUCT IS SHIPPED "NOT ASSEMBLED"
- Unfinished edges and dovetailed joints (no paint or stain will be applied to edges and dovetailed joints)
- 1/2" bottom recess works with Blum under mounted drawer slides (notching
and some modification required)
Please be aware that when the box is fully assembled, the joints will be very tight in order to create a seamless box. Since the joints are so snug, you may need to use a rubber mallet or a light hammer to tap the pieces together. Assembly method is the same as shown in our default assembly video below, with the exception of the need to sand the joints (i.e. do not sand, you will cuff the finish on the drawer box sides!).
CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
Letter from Chad Barker;
is our newest drawer box product and is extremely popular. We set out to create a low priced, highly durable box, with no on site finishing requirements. We settled on a new plywood that is pre-finished at the mill with a baked on UV clearcoat. This creates an extremely smooth and highly durable finish that will stand up to maximum abuse over the life of the product. As this plywood is pre-finished at the mill, it wil not require on site spraying to achieve a completed drawer box. That said, the top/bottom edges, as well as the exposed plywood dovetail joints of our drawer sides will be shipped raw/unsanded. You may apply an optional clear finish of your choosing to the exposed edges, but tests indicate that the box is suitable for installation with, or without, finish being applied to the edges.
We have experimented with many
different styles of drawer boxes in our 40+ years in business. The pre-finished birch plywood dovetail drawer box is one of our best sellers due to it
incredible durability, great looks, and low price. These drawers make a
wonderful addition to any kitchen or bath remodel due to the style the
dovetail design brings to the cabinetry.